Jesus commanded us to serve one another with the parable at the end of Matthew 25.
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Throughout the Bible we hear and see of a God passionate for the lost, the least, the forsaken. A God who loves ALL and turns the world upside down to make things right. We join in that mission for justice and love by our actions.
Each month we have multiple opportunities for our families to participate in serving our neighbors. Keep a check here to see the possibilities as they change and jump in on anything you can help with. It makes it great fun to work together – bring your friends as well!
SANDWICHES for SEPTEMBER
Roof Above still needs 800 sandwiches every day and they are so very thankful for our continued support. They have asked Hawthorne Lane to bring 600 sandwiches each month for the remainder of 2021. This will allow other volunteers to contribute the remaining 200 and help ensure Roof Above has sufficient refrigeration space each month. We ask our sandwich volunteers to make 30 sandwiches. Bring the sandwiches to our church Evans Fellowship Hall on Wed. August 25th. The sandwiches will be delivered to Roof Above mid-morning (11:00) on Thur. the 26th.
IF questions, contact Bill Horton firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write the total number of sandwiches you deliver to the church on the outside of your delivery bag to facilitate a quick and accurate count. Sign up using the link below.
Our M3 kids are leading us in a mission to help those affected by the floods and tornadoes. We can easily help out by making flood buckets. And the great part is that all the adults have to do is send in the stuff – the kids will make the buckets and the missions committee will help get to them to the right location! Here is the list of pieces that need to be included in the flood bucket. You can pick things up anywhere you shop and bring them to the church. OR buy online and send them to the church! OR give money and we will get the supplies. We are so excited to join together in this project. Feel free to buy in bulk and we will separate out into buckets. If you have any questions contact Pastor Carrie email@example.com, Ms. Lizanne firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Parson pjp543@carrie
- One 32-64 oz. bottle liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-40 oz. bottle liquid concentrate household cleaner – No spray cleaners
- One 16-34 oz. bottle dish soap
- One 4-8 oz. pump spray air freshener
- One 6-14 oz. pump spray insect repellent (pack of 10-20 wipes also acceptable) – Pump spray bottles must have protective covers
- One scrub brush With or without handle
- 18 re-useable cleaning wipes- No terrycloth, microfiber or paper towels
- Five scouring pads- No stainless-steel pads with soap in them
- 36-50 clothespins
- One 50-100 ft. clothesline (cotton or plastic line)
- 24 roll of heavy-duty trash bags (33-45-gallon sizes)Remove from packaging
- Five N95 particulate respirator dust masks (1-3 mm thickness)No surgical masks
- Two pairs kitchen gloves – Durable for multiple uses
- One pair work gloves- Cotton with leather palm or all leather
WANT to just GIVE $?? Text the “flood-buckets” to 84321 and the amount. OR Use this Link: